MyndVR, a provider of VR-based digital therapeutics for the aging population, has deployed virtual reality glasses to all eight Veterans Homes in California. The deployment was made possible by a grant from Bowlers to Veterans Link (BVL), a charity dedicated to funding recreation therapy programs for Veterans.
CalVet, the California Department of Veteran Affairs, is committed to ensuring that Veterans receive the state and federal benefits and services they have earned.
CalVet Secretary Lindsey Sin said they are thrilled that the residents will benefit from this technology and opportunity.
Virtual Reality is a beneficial tool for memory care patients and helps ensure that our Veterans enjoy a higher quality of life. We thank the Bowlers to Veterans for their dedication to our residents and for supporting this program.
Vet Homes Benefiting
The BVL grant was created to help deploy MyndVR technology through the innovative HTC Vive immersive glasses to 50 state Veteran homes across the United States. The California Department of Veteran Affairs (CalVet) is the third state Veteran home group selected to receive the immersive technology.
Chris Brickler, CEO of MyndVR, highlighted the transformative potential of VR-based, immersive therapeutics.
Research is showing that immersive therapeutics can have a profound impact on the holistic health of our aging Veterans – across emotional, behavioral, physical, and cognitive health. We are proud of our partnership with BVL to deploy the MyndVR platform to every Veteran home in the state of California. We believe these Veterans have earned this amazing technology.
VR Offers a Variety of Benefits
Immersive therapeutics is a new field of medicine that uses virtual reality (VR), augmented reality (AR), and other immersive technologies to treat a wide range of conditions, including pain, anxiety, depression, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), and cognitive decline.
Immersive therapeutics create a simulated environment that can help patients learn new skills, cope with difficult emotions, and manage pain. For example, a VR program might be used to help a patient with PTSD to gradually confront their fears in a safe and controlled environment. Or, an AR program might help a patient with cognitive decline learn new information or practice everyday tasks.
Immersive therapeutics is still in its early stages of development. Still, it can potentially revolutionize how we treat many different conditions. It is a particularly promising approach for treating conditions that are difficult to treat with traditional methods, such as PTSD and chronic pain.
Secretary Sin says the Chula Vista Veterans Home and other Veterans Homes residents will benefit from the virtual reality technology, which can benefit memory care patients.
Here are some of the benefits of immersive therapeutics:
- Engagement: Immersive therapies can be more engaging and motivating for patients than traditional therapies.
- Immersion: Immersive therapies can create a more immersive and realistic patient experience, leading to better outcomes.
- Safety: Immersive therapies can be used to treat dangerous or difficult conditions in a real-world setting.
- Customization: Immersive therapies can be customized to meet each patient's individual needs.
Immersive Therapeutics - Helping Care Recipients at Home or in Facilities
Immersive therapeutics can help those in long-term care facilities or those receiving in-home care in several ways, including:
- Reducing pain and discomfort. Immersive therapeutics can distract patients from pain and discomfort and help them cope with pain more effectively. For example, a VR program might transport patients to a relaxing beach scene or engage them in a challenging game that helps them forget about their pain.
- Improving cognitive function. Immersive therapeutics can be used to improve cognitive function in patients with a variety of conditions, including dementia and Alzheimer's disease. For example, a VR program might be used to help patients with dementia to practice everyday tasks or to learn new information.
- Reducing anxiety and depression. Immersive therapeutics can be used to reduce anxiety and depression in patients with a variety of conditions. For example, a VR program might help patients with anxiety gradually confront their fears in a safe and controlled environment.
- Improving mood and quality of life. Immersive therapeutics can be used to improve mood and quality of life in patients with a variety of conditions. For example, a VR program might transport patients to a place they find enjoyable or engage them in a social activity that helps them connect with others.
In addition to these benefits, immersive therapeutics can also be used to help care recipients to:
- Maintain their independence. Immersive therapeutics can help patients maintain their independence by allowing them to practice everyday tasks in a safe and controlled environment. For example, a VR program might be used to help patients with balance problems to practice walking or to help patients with dementia to practice dressing and bathing.
- Reduce the need for medication. Immersive therapeutics can be used to reduce the need for medication in patients with various conditions, such as pain and anxiety.
- Slow the progression of disease. Immersive therapeutics may be able to slow the progression of some diseases, such as dementia and Alzheimer's disease.
Immersive therapeutics is a new and emerging field of medicine, but it has the potential to revolutionize the way we care for patients in long-term care facilities or receive in-home care.
For example, here are several ways care recipients can benefit from this technology:
- VR is being used to help patients with dementia to remember their past and to connect with their loved ones. For example, a VR program might allow a patient to visit their childhood home or to attend a family event.
- AR is being used to help patients with physical disabilities to practice everyday tasks, such as walking and dressing. For example, an AR program might overlay a virtual walker on the patient's real-world environment to help them with balance.
- VR and AR are used to help patients manage their pain more effectively. For example, a VR program might transport the patient to a relaxing scene, or an AR program might provide the patient with information about their pain and how to manage it.
Overall, immersive therapeutics can improve the lives of those needing long-term care services.
BVL was established in 1942 to raise funds to purchase planes to transport wounded servicemen and women back home from World War II. Since then, the bowling community has raised over $56 million to support Veterans.
MyndVR is the leading VR-based, digital therapeutics provider for senior living communities, home care agencies, Veteran homes, and adults aging at home in the U.S., U.K., Canada, and Australia.
About the Author
Marcus Howard is a writer with years of experience in the field of alternative health. He has written extensively on a variety of topics, including CBD, acupuncture, herbal medicine, and the use of alternative health options for older adults.
Contributor since July 5th, 2023
In the ever-evolving landscape of healthcare and aging, Long-Term Care Insurance (LTCI) stands as a beacon of security for countless individuals and their families. As the senior population continues to grow and the costs associated with extended care services rise, the importance of a comprehensive long-term care strategy becomes even more evident.
Long-Term Care Insurance is a crucial component of this strategy, offering multiple advantages that ensure you will have better care, financial protection, and peace of mind for you and your family.
One of the most significant benefits of LTC Insurance is the assurance that you will have access to quality care options. Without the constraints of out-of-pocket costs, as a policyholder, you will have a broader range of choices, from in-home care to facility-based care, ensuring you receive care that aligns with your preferences and needs. This flexibility is essential, especially when considering each individual's unique and often specialized needs.
Moreover, Long-Term Care Insurance acts as a shield, protecting income and assets from the high costs of extended care. Long-term care can quickly drain one's savings, with many families feeling the financial strain within a short period. LTCI provides a buffer against these expenses, ensuring that your hard-earned assets are preserved for future generations or other intended purposes.
The emotional toll of long-term care on families cannot be understated. Watching a loved one navigate the challenges of aging or illness is stressful. When families also have to manage care logistics and bear financial burdens, the situation becomes even more overwhelming.
LTC Insurance alleviates some of this strain, allowing your family to focus on supporting you in the future rather than scrambling to find resources or funds.
An often overlooked yet invaluable feature of many Long-Term Care Insurance policies is the "alternative plan of care" provision. This provision recognizes that the world of long-term care is dynamic, with new technologies and caregiving methods emerging regularly. An alternative plan of care allows for coverage flexibility, meaning that even if a particular type of care or technology isn't specified in the policy today, it could be covered in the future if deemed beneficial. This adaptability ensures that policyholders can benefit from advancements in care, positioning LTCI as not just a contemporary solution but a forward-thinking one.
Long-Term Care Insurance provides a financial safety net and emotional and practical support, ensuring that as care needs evolve, individuals and their families remain protected and empowered.
Find Professional Assistance in Obtaining Your LTC Policy
Seeking professional help is vital when shopping for Long-Term Care Insurance. Few Long-Term Care Insurance specialists work with top-rated insurance companies and completely understand underwriting, policy design, pricing, claims, partnership, and other essential aspects of LTC Insurance.
These skills will allow them to provide you with free and accurate quotes from all the major insurance companies that offer long-term care products.
Look for some of these factors in finding an LTC Insurance specialist:
- An LTC Specialist will usually have helped at least 100 people or more with LTC Insurance. Be sure to ask; some specialists have helped thousands nationwide.
- An LTC Specialist will typically work with most of the major insurance companies offering these products, not just one or two.
- An LTC Specialist typically has years or more of experience and holds a Certified in Long-Term Care® designation (CLTC®).
- An LTC Specialist will understand the current and future cost of long-term health care and how most care is delivered so they can make professional recommendations without "over-insuring" the individual.
- An LTC Specialist will offer all types of long-term care solutions, including traditional (including Partnership plans), asset-based "hybrid" policies, and short-term cash indemnity policies.
- An LTC Specialist will understand the underwriting rules of all the major insurance companies so they can match your age, health, family history, and other factors to provide you with accurate quotes.
- An LTC Specialist will typically have firsthand experience helping a client's family in the claim process.
Mom and Dad Deserves Quality Care - How Can You Help?
If your parents exhibit declining health or dementia, they deserve quality care. If they have a Long-Term Care Insurance policy, consider them lucky. Be sure to use the benefits from the LTC policy without delay.
LTC NEWS has combined efforts with Amada Senior Care, a leading in-home health care agency with locations throughout the country, to help you process a claim from any LTC Insurance policy.
There is no cost or obligation for this service - Filing a Long-Term Care Insurance Claim.
If they don't have an LTC policy, Amada can still help develop a plan of care and provide you with many affordable in-home care options. Learn more now - Find Quality In-Home Care.
These four LTC NEWS guides will assist you in trying to find appropriate long-term health care services for a loved one:
- Finding Quality In-Home Care
- Adult Day Care Centers (ADCCs)
- Assisted Living and Memory Care Facilities
- Finding a Quality Nursing Home
LTC NEWS Can Benefit Your Website and Business
LTC NEWS offers a variety of marketing and advertising options to help you reach your target audience. Our sponsored content articles are a highly effective way to drive traffic to your website, increase brand awareness, and build relationships with potential customers.
Benefits of Sponsored Content on LTC NEWS
Drives website traffic: Sponsored content articles are placed on LTC NEWS's homepage and in other high-traffic areas of the website, ensuring that your message is seen by a large audience.
- Increases brand awareness: Sponsored content articles are written in a way that educates and engages readers, helping to position your brand as a thought leader in your industry.
- Connects with target audience: LTC NEWS's audience is made up of people who are interested in long-term care, making it a great way to reach potential customers who are already considering your products or services.
- Improves SEO: Sponsored content articles are written in a way that is optimized for search engines, helping to improve your website's ranking in search results.
In summary, sponsored content on LTC NEWS is a powerful marketing tool that can help you boost website traffic, SEO, brand recognition, and audience engagement.
Learn more about how LTC NEWS can help market your business, drive traffic, and improve SEO - Advertise With Us | LTC News.
LTC NEWS: Share Your News with Us
LTC NEWS is a leading website for news and information about aging, caregiving, health, lifestyle, long-term care, and retirement planning. We are always looking for new stories to share with our readers.
If your group, organization, business, or political committee has news to share, we encourage you to submit a press release to us.
You can submit your press release - firstname.lastname@example.org